[Libdlo] Still trouble with xorg in ubuntu 9.10

Mulchman mulchman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 16:10:53 PST 2010

Andrew Magee wrote:
> One thing that may be interesting is I have two /dev/fb* devices:
> /dev/fb0 and /dev/fb1.  If I set the xorg.conf to refer to /dev/fb0, I
> get the green screen, if I use /dev/fb1 I get a black screen.

I too had /dev/fb0 before plugging in the DisplayLink adapter.  In my
case /dev/fb1 only showed up after plugging in the DisplayLink adapter
so I used /dev/fb1 instead of /dev/fb0 (since plugging in the
DisplayLink adapater created /dev/fb1 in the first place - this
assumption may be wrong but worked for me).

I've also had to explicitly add "BusId" to the xorg.conf for the
non-DisplayLink device.  You can obtain the BusId parameters via lspci
(as root).  On my desktop machine I see something like:

01:00.0 VGA compaible controller: nVidia Corporation G92 [GeForce 98--
GTX+] (rev a2)

Then had to add something like:

Section "Device"

    # Add this next line to your existing non-DisplayLink device section
    BusId    "PCI:1:0:0" # this maps to the lspci output of 01:00.0 (as
far as I'm aware - I'm no expert)

EndSection

-Pat