[Libdlo] randr.c RRFirstOutput() crash when using "displaylink" driver in combination with "nvidia" driver

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Fri Mar 12 12:34:14 PST 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Mulchman <mulchman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a randr manual or anything describing the randr
> interface?

http://www.x.org/wiki/Projects/XRandR is a starting point, but
slightly out of date.
Here's the place where the latest formal spec lives:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/randrproto/tree/randrproto.txt

> Or, is there an open source video driver for Linux that makes use of randr?

I think all the majors have some level of randr support, but what
version (1.2, 1.3 ..) varies, etc. Here's the Intel implementation,
that relies on all the new DRI/KMS Intel support.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/tree/src/drmmode_display.c

Thanks for diving in here.  Any progress or even conclusions on what
direction to head would be very helpful.

Best wishes,
Bernie