[Libdlo] xorg 1.9 crash

Christoph Rissner c.r at visotech.at
Tue Oct 12 01:18:16 PDT 2010

Hi Bernie,

> One thing to try: run the standard "fbdev" xorg driver with the damage
> support patch. It's more in sync with the xorg codebase than the older
> "displaylink" xorg driver is. Instructions are at the bottom of this
> post: http://plugable.com/2010/05/21/linux-support-for-higher-res-monitors-on-lower-res-displaylink-devices/

After merging your damage patch into the current fbdev repo, the driver
works on its own (which is good), but not together with the nvidia one.
Depending on the screen order in xorg.conf there is either the
displaylink screen or the nvidia screen working, but not both.

I played around with my xorg.conf but had no success so far.
I see two possible solutions:
1.) fbdev will eventually work with nvidia (173xx) drivers
2.) fbdev can drive my nvidia card (providing Xinerama or Xrandr)

I think the latter one is more promising, lets see what google can tell
me. Maybe its just the mysterious BusID option ...

Thanks,
Christoph