[Libdlo] running 2 instances of X for multihead display

S W partita1234 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 12:09:57 PDT 2011

Thanks for your script!

I have a displaylink device from plugable, and when I tried to run
this script on my
xubuntu 11.04 laptop I ended up with the error messages

  (EE) Failed to load module "displaylink" (module does not exist, 0)
  (EE) Failed to load module "void" (module does not exist, 0)
  (EE) No drivers available.

(I've sent along the complete Xorg.1.log for reference).  How should I
modifiy xorg.conf.DL
file to load these two files/modules?  I also notice that your
.xinitrc2  ends with

  exec /usr/bin/awesome

Since I use xfce I changed that to

  exec /usr/bin/xfce4-session

Is that correct, and if not, what should it be?

I have installed the libdlo library a la

 http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/

I made an accidential discover today: after xubuntu boots up at the
log in screen (but before
I log in), I pluggd the external monitor to the VGA port; immediately
I got an extended
desktop.  And after I logged in, I was able to drag windows between
the LCD screen and the
external monitor, so at least the libdlo library works!  But when I
plugged in the displaylink
device and then the monitor, I got back the familiar green screen :-(

Any advice and comments are most welcome.

On April 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM Marcus Becker <marcus.disi at
googlemail.com <http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libdlo>>