[Libdlo] Text mode operation

Tim Green timothy.j.green at gmail.com
Tue May 31 16:01:02 PDT 2011

On 31 May 2011 23:32, Alhaad Gokhale <alhaad at nucleodyne.com> wrote:
> We have been able to draw some basic graphics on the screen
> with libdlo on u-boot.
>
> We would like to program the display device in text mode. Can
> you please provide some documentation/examples of how to
> configure to text-mode over a display-link adapter?

There is no text mode - the adapter only understands pixels. Instead
you need to advance your basic graphics to render text in the font of
your choice. Or see udlfb in your preferred Linux kernel distribution
(or udl in your preferred OpenBSD distribution) to treat the
DisplayLink screen as a generic framebuffer and render the text with
any framebuffer aware graphics library.

Regards,
Tim.