[Libdlo] udlfb rotation performance issue

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Thu Sep 22 01:28:31 PDT 2011

На 22.09.2011 02:20, Bernie Thompson написа:
>> I enabled fb_defio=1 in modprobe.conf
>
> Actually, since you're running the fbdev org driver patched with
> damage support, you can set the ReportDamage option to true in
> xorg.conf, and turn off fb_defio.  That will speed things up a little
> bit.  (See http://plugable.com/2010/01/02/displaylink-linux-rotation/)

Hi Bernie,
I did see this post but had the wrong impression that I need both fb_defio=1 and
ReportDamage enabled.

I tested with fb_defio=0 set in modprobe.conf, ReportDamage true in xorg.conf
and Rotate CW in xorg.conf. The result is the same - very slow graphical
response, almost no response. I don't see any improvements.

--
Alexander.