[Libdlo] Programming firmware to eeprom

Ben Collins benmcollins13 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 08:20:03 PST 2012

Our product is already in its third revision, there's no changing it now. I appreciate the sentiment, but I need this solution. I know according to the docs and DisplayLink that writing the firmware is possible (they have a tool that does it on Windows).

I'm just trying to figure out if anyone knows how to do it a the low level so I can do it on our hardware.

On Feb 13, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Tim Green wrote:

> I know DisplayLink devices read monitors' EDID over I2C, but writing
> is probably not a supported feature. Perhaps a more dedicated device
> like this one will be more amenable to your needs:
> http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/htm/usb_i2c_tech.htm
>
> Regards,
> Tim.
>
> On 13 February 2012 15:04, Ben Collins <benmcollins13 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm pretty sure I said exactly what I wanted to do already. I need to program the EEPROM that is connected to the I2C interface via USB transactions.

>>> Perhaps if you tell us what you do want to do we can suggest some other ideas.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Tim.