[Libdlo] maximum number of displaylink devices

Jason Slaughter jason at slaughter.com
Thu Nov 28 03:47:39 PST 2013

The Windows limitation is a practical one. When DisplayLink was first
launching their Windows driver they found all sorts of weird bugs crept up
if you connected too many monitors to Windows 95. A limit was decided that
was a compromise between functionality and something that could be
reasonably tested on an ongoing basis. That limit was 6.

There's no strict, technical reason for this limit, but I highly doubt that
DisplayLink would ever change it, as there isn't much commercial demand for
more than 6 monitors.