Sierra Wireless 340u - NotInitialized

Shawn J. Goff shawn7400 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 14:09:46 PDT 2013

I'm working with a Sierra Wireless (now NetGear) AirCard 340u, and
there are some problems.

When trying to connect, the modem returns a NotInitialized status. I'm
not sure what this means. It's registered and attached to the packet
service. The verbose output is attached.

When querying the subscriber ready status, it has a segfault after
many string conversion errors; subsequent runs complain about a
failing assertion. The errors came on stderr and the verbose output is
on stdout, so there are two attached files for that.

The rest of the commands seem to work fine.