Sierra Wireless 340u - NotInitialized

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri May 31 09:54:19 PDT 2013

"Shawn J. Goff" <shawn7400 at gmail.com> writes:

> Got it, patch for mbim-network will be coming.
>
> You have to query-subscriber-ready-status (or you get a NotInitialized
> error) and query-registration-state (or you get a NotRegistered
> error), then connect, all without closing the device.

I wonder if that depends on whether you enable a PIN code? With a PIN
locked SIM card I get typically something like the following set of
indications right after successfully entering the PIN:

MBIM_CID_PACKET_SERVICE Detached
MBIM_CID_REGISTER_STATE Deregistered
MBIM_CID_SUBSCRIBER_READY_STATUS Initialized
MBIM_CID_REGISTER_STATE Deregistered
MBIM_CID_REGISTER_STATE Searching
MBIM_CID_REGISTER_STATE Searching
MBIM_CID_REGISTER_STATE Home
MBIM_CID_PACKET_SERVICE Attached
MBIM_CID_SIGNAL_STATE
MBIM_CID_SMS_CONFIGURATION
MBIM_CID_SIGNAL_STATE

So the PIN command might trigger registration and initialization which
otherwise won't happen until you query the subscriber-ready-status and
registration-state. Maybe.

Anyway, great work finding out of that. Unconditionally sending those
commands during initialization shouldn't casue any problems.

Bjørn