MS specific device services

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Feb 26 02:42:19 PST 2014

On 26/02/14 11:32, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> FWIW, I fail to see any usecase for MBIM_CID_MS_HOSTSHUTDOWN in Linux.
>
> We cannot safely use it from userspace because we have to be able to
> cancel a shutdown. And we do not know whether we will be able to power
> on the modem again after this command.  Maybe the user only wanted to
> stop ModemManager...

This command would be useful to implement switching the modem to e.g.
'OFF' power state in ModemManager, where the user should only try to
externally cut power to the modem device. I believe that the whole idea
is to let the modem know that the power is going to be cut, so that it
does IMSI detach, power off radios, and make sure that all non-volatile
memory is already written.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es