mbim-proxy vs mbimcli --no-open/--no-close

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Jul 15 11:20:34 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 8:04 PM, Greg Suarez <gpsuarez2512 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> That is indeed a good approach... and much easier. Greg, what do you
>>> think?
>>

>> That sounds good, but we would have to modify the proxy so that it doesn't
>> exit
>> if there are no clients connected.
>>

> So I think I'm going to change the logic to have the proxy exit 30 seconds
> after the
> last modem has been removed instead of the last connected client.
> Does that sound good to you guys?

Whenever a modem managed by the proxy is removed, the proxy needs to
close the stream connections to the clients (so that they get notified
that the modem is gone). When the last modem is removed from the
system, you can directly exit the proxy, there's no real point in
having it around for 30s, or is there?

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es