DSS usage

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sat May 3 14:06:33 PDT 2014

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:

> OK, forget about abusing 802.1p.  Back to some other vlan_id for IP
> session 0.  But I still think this is a simple and functionally
> satisfying solution.

Just to illustrate what I am talking about with a piece of code.  The
attached patch is based on current net-next.  It is of course still
possible to name the IP session 0 subdev after the MBIM session ID
instead of VLAN:

 ip link add link wwan0 wwan0.0 type vlan id 4094

This patch doesn't touch the MTU, but I think it would make sense to
change that too if we decide to do this.

Bjørn