ZTE's MBIM stack... Broken or not?

Markus Gothe nietzsche at lysator.liu.se
Mon Apr 13 13:01:24 PDT 2015

For what it is worth... I got it all figured out.

The ZTE MBIM TID FSM is broken and needs some hacks where one resets the TID after turning on the radio or trying to re-register to the network.

However Win 8.1 does handle this correctly; ModemManager seems to have issues since I guess this behaviour is not confirming to the MBIM spec.

Might be that Ben's stack is newer and confirms to the spec.

//M