Handling SMS storage full...

Markus Gothe nietzsche at lysator.liu.se
Wed Apr 15 11:34:00 PDT 2015

I noticed that some devices store sent SMS on the device and other does not...

However in theory a device which holds only 25 PDUs (Huawei) would be full rather soon; your milage may vary.

Does modem manager handle with such scenarios? If so, how?

I think of two ways: 1) Delete all SMS 2) delete the PDU after it has been sent.

This is ofc given the premises that modem manager stores the SMSes.

The problem with #2 is that we doesnt know if the PDU is being stored on the device or not. In case #1 we get at least a notification and are able to poll the storage status.

I am ofc able to send 25 SMSes and check what happens when it runs out of storage ;-)

//M