Establishing connections to multiple PDPs simultaneously with MBIM

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Aug 5 11:13:06 PDT 2015

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> writes:

> I just posted a patch for this; comments?  The only thing I don't like
> is how --connect specifies the session id, but I'm not sure how else to
> do it since adding an additional parameter --session-id wouldn't really
> fit with the mbimcli model, as --session-id is only applicable to 3
> commands in basic-connect.  So I chose the :-based approach...

I'm not much of an User Interface designer.  I do note that we already
have the comma-separated authentication suboptions, but I agree that it
doesn't make much sense to add the session-id after all those.  The
:-based approach is better.

But then we have the DSS Session ID, making this somewhat inconsistent
again:

 Device Service Stream options
   --dss-connect=[(UUID),(Session ID)]                                         Connect DSS session
   --dss-disconnect=[(UUID),(Session ID)]                                      Disconnect DSS session

And there are still suboptions missing from the connect command.  We
do want the ability to change both IP type and Context type, because
these will often be the reason you want multiple APNs in the first
place.

Bjørn