error: couldn't close device: Transaction timed out

Joe joe.on.list at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 01:14:43 PDT 2015

On Monday 01 June 2015 08:11:36 you wrote:
> On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Joe <joe.on.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > --register-automatic
>
> The problem you see is that the automatic
> registration operation, through --register-automatic,
> takes longer than the default 10s that are used in
> the command to wait for a reply. I updated that value
> to 120s in git master and the mbim-1-12 branch.

What do you think about the fact that it works good
on Slackware-14.0 (kernel updated to 3.19.4) and fails on Debian Jessie
(kernel updated to 4.0.4)?

As regard "--register-automatic" command, it isn't the only failed.
Also "--connect=apn" fails with similar error "transaction timeout".
Seems that the first command I send to olicard-300 works properly but
then all other transactions end in timeout error.

Since libmbim-1.12 can properly connenct my dongle on Slackware
while fails on Debian, I suspect the matter was anywhere around
Debian packages... Yet libmbim doesn't seem depending by many
other packages...
Possible som trouble with usb drivers?

Almost-OT:
An other question... I'm not a debian user, how can I try your
patched git version building a debian like package?
(I know well enough slackbuilds but I'm at first experience on
a debian like system).