MBIM connection drops when I execute the command --query-signal-state

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sat Oct 31 13:26:29 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Nalda, Urko <Urko.Nalda at digi.com> wrote:
> I want to report this issue related to the mbim-network application.
>

> I am using this application with a Sierra MC7710 modem and it is working
> properly but when I execute a command after establishing network connection,
> the connection drops and I have to start the application again.
>
> The steps that reproduce this problem are:
>
> I establish network connection using “mbim-network /dev/cdc-wdm0 start”
> command . It doesn’t report any problem and it is working properly.
>
> Once the connection is established, I execute the command “mbimcli --d
> /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-signal-state” and it reports this output:
>

> root at imx6qsabresd:~# mbimcli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-signal-state
>
> [/dev/cdc-wdm0] Signal state:
>
>                   RSSI [0-31,99]: '15'
>
>              Error rate [0-7,99]: '99'
>
>         Signal strength interval: '5'
>
>                   RSSI threshold: '3'
>
>             Error rate threshold: 'unspecified'
>

> Since this moment I have no ping nor connection and I have to start the
> application again. This problem is reproducible among our hardware
> platforms.
>
> Maybe you know why am I having this problem.

Are you able to reproduce this when manually running the sequence of
mbimcli commands? Also, can you run the same commands but including
the "-p" option to use the mbim-proxy setup? IIRC mbim-network from
git master allows to pass "PROXY=yes" in the profile, you could try
that as well.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es