QMI via MBIM for "FCC Authentication" fix

Emil Ljungdahl emil at kratern.se
Sun Apr 3 17:27:54 UTC 2016

On 04/03/16 13:43, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 10:13 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
>>> How far did you get with that Collin?
>>
>> I believe the posted patches were functional, but there were some
>> outstanding questions on how to properly integrate it in
>> MM/libmbim/libqmi.  Is that correct, Aleksander?
>
> Yes, that's right. Anyway, if someone is up to polishing those patches
> and integrating them in libmbim sources directly, even if not perfect,
> I think it would be good not to forget about them. I kind of already
> forgot about them myself :)

I don't blame you for forgetting, I hardly remember what I read or did
last Friday :)

I can have a go on integrating Collins patches to libmbim (and add a new
command to mbimcli). The only part in Collins patch that doesn't seem
"generic" (for my untrained libmbim eye) is the UUID for QMI that he
assumed to be Sierra specific. Any new insights about that or additional
UUIDs?
Is it reasonable to make a patch for ModemManager for this as well, or
is that just too ugly code duplication to be accepted?

/Emil