QMI via MBIM for "FCC Authentication" fix

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Apr 6 06:19:49 UTC 2016

Emil Ljungdahl <emil at kratern.se> writes:

> Well, *hrmm*, given Lenovos track record with superfish etc, I threw the
> pre-installed Windows out first thing I did :)

Good :)

> I'm really not an expert on this USB stuff, but I have tried to connect
> the modem to a Windows installation in Virtualbox, but the Lenovo
> drivers seems to expect an interface with InterfaceNumber 03, while the
> modem reports interface numbers 12 and 13...

I don't know what happens here.  But Sierra use interface numbers 12
and 13 for MBIM, so that is correct.  There might be a problem that the
Virtualbox USB virtualisation expectes consecutive interface numbering.
I believe the Linux usbip implementation has a similar problem.

No need to waste any time on testing this.   It was just in case you
still had Windows on the laptop and too much time on your hand :)

Bjørn