QMI via MBIM for "FCC Authentication" fix

Ljungdahl, Emil emil.ljungdahl at kratern.se
Wed Apr 6 17:37:59 UTC 2016

>>> This isn't really polishing... Rather the contrary ;)
>>>
>>> The attached patch set is a sort of working proof-of-concept.  It
>>> needs
>>> to be cleaned up by someone understanding all the G-stuff :) And it
>>> should have a lot more error checking.  Testing for EXT_QMUX support
>>> instead of timing out would be nice for example.  And the library
>>> integration could be made nicer.  Maybe dynamically loading libmbim
>>> from
>>> libqmi to prevent the hard dependency?
>>>
>>> The libmbim patch is Collin's latest version with only context
>>> changes.
>>>
>>> The remaining two libqmi patches provide generic QMI access over
>>> MBIM.
>>> FCC auth is only one possibility.  Many other QMI requests work too:
>>>

>> Here is a somewhat polished version of Colins patch + a patch for
>> mbimcli.
>> The polish includes some indentation fixes and a new json-parameter in
>> the codegen stuff to avoid changed behavior for other services using
>> "unsized-byte-array".
>
> Hey Emil,
>
> Looks like you polished Collin's patch in a similar way as Bjørn did,
> right? Or is there any other thing that you added and he didn't?
> Please check the qmi-over-mbim branch and see if you'd improve
> anything there.
>
> As for the mbimcli patch, I believe Bjørn's approach of using qmi over
> mbim is the right thing to do, so that we can directly use qmicli over
> a mbim device/proxy.

Well, for a starter, it actually compiles :P
(I think Bjørn missed the json-file Collin sent in a later mail)

But, jokes aside, I also changed so that the padding behavior of calls
to *_builder_append_byte_array() was not changed for other services than
the new QMI service. I have no idea if it really matters, but I noticed
there was a difference...

I have attached 2 patches based on the qmi-over-mbim branch.

/Emil