MBIM_CID_DEVICE_SERVICE_SUBSCRIBE_LIST support

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Aug 15 07:36:18 UTC 2017

On 15/08/17 03:09, Jose, Shijo wrote:
> To restart MM, I use -
>> sudo killall -TERM ModemManager
>> ModemManager
> (I don’t have systemctl on openwrt)

You probably should "/etc/init.d/ModemManager stop" then.

> Also, can I have MM detect an already connected (plugged-in) USB modem, instead of waiting for a hotplug event?

If you're using my ModemManager openwrt integration setup, you should have a file in /var/run/modemmanager/events.cache which holds the MM-applicable events that happened since the system was booted. If you run ModemManager yourself you should be able to start the daemon with the extra --initial-kernel-events=[PATH] argument pointing to that file. Or, otherwise, see mm_report_events_from_cache() in /etc/modemmanager/modemmanager.common

> Is there way to send AT commands to the modem via MM?
> I tired -
> mmcli -m 0 --command="E0"
> error: command failed: 'GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.Error.Core.Connected: No AT port available to run command'

This happens when there is a single TTY and it is already connected, there is no other available channel to send commands. ModemManager doesn't setup CMUX automatically yet.

Maybe this conversation should be moved to the ModemManager mailing list? :)

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es