github mirror repositories

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 10:23:05 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 5:44 AM, Aleksander Morgado
<aleksander at aleksander.es> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> We now have github repos for all ModemManager, libqmi and libmbim:
>
> https://github.com/linux-mobile-broadband/ModemManager
> https://github.com/linux-mobile-broadband/libqmi
> https://github.com/linux-mobile-broadband/libmbim
>
> These aren't really real mirrors yet, they aren't automatically
> synchronized, but I try to keep them in sync.
>
> If anyone wants to send pull requests via github, please do so, but
> always notify the corresponding mailing list. No need to send all
> patches to the mailing list, just say that a branch is ready for
> review in github, explaining what the branch changes are at least.

Might I suggest having mirrors on GitLab.com as well? At least there,
GitLab can autosynchronize for you. It can pull from the canonical
repo and push to another mirror repo. I do this currently for (fedora)
appliance-tools (hosted on pagure.io), mirrored to gitlab.com, and
gitlab.com pushes to github.com.