MC7455/EM7455 dependencies and protocols

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Tue Mar 21 18:52:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 8:04 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-03-21 at 07:02 -0700, Tim Harvey wrote:

<snip>

> MBIM modems do not implement DHCP shim functionality.  You need to get
> the IP details for the interface with "mbimcli --query-ip-
> configuration=<session id>" and apply those details to the interface
> and update routing manually.

Dan,

Thank you - I now have data passing through the EM7455:
 - Lenovo ACC100290 purchased from Amazon which has firmware configured for MBIM
 - Linux 4.10 kernel
 - libmbim-1.15.0

I got a bit hung up about the transaction id's, forgetting I needed to
leave the connection open and re-use the transaction id's for future
commands like 'query-ip-configuration'. I notice some mbimcli commands
need to make sure not to re-open and others don't. Is there a simple
rule about this?

I did find 'query-packet-statistics' never returns anything but 0's:
root at ventana:~# mbimcli -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-packet-statistics
[/dev/cdc-wdm0] Packet statistics:
           Octets (in): '0'
          Packets (in): '0'
         Discards (in): '0'