ANN: libmbim 1.16.0 released
aleksander at aleksander.es
Sat Jan 20 09:41:52 UTC 2018
This is a new major release of libmbim, which will be the base for the new 1.16.x stable series (the new "mbim-1-16" branch in git).
A note for distribution packagers: the new ModemManager 1.8.0 series, not yet released, will depend on this version of libmbim.
Overview of changes in libmbim 1.16
* Build now requires GLib 2.36.
* All the code base was ported to use the GTask based asynchronous operations support instead of the deprecated GSimpleAsyncResult.
* New AT&T Device Service support, that includes operator-specific commands to query signal info or cell location.
* New Intel Firmware Update Service support, that includes commands to request the Intel-based module to reboot in firmware download mode.
** Added MBIM_STATUS_ERROR_CONTEXT_NOT_SUPPORTED to MbimStatusError.
** Avoid using iconv() directly for the UTF-16BE conversions, which makes it possible to use libmbim on systems with a stub iconv() implementation.
** Added support to detect already open MBIM channels on the Sierra Wireless EM7345.
** New '--query-ip-packet-filters' action.
** New '--query-pin-list' action.
** New '--atds-query-signal' and '--atds-query-location' actions.
** New '--intel-modem-reboot' action.
* Several other minor improvements and fixes.
The following features which were backported to 1.14.x releases are also present in libmbim 1.16.0:
** Prefer realpath() to canonicalize_file_name().
** Added MBIM_READY_INFO_FLAG_NONE to MbimReadyInfoFlag.
** Avoid receiving signals from the parent process.
** Add cancellability to the query-ip-configuration action.
$ md5sum libmbim-1.16.0.tar.xz
Please report bugs either to:
libmbim-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
Or to bugzilla:
More information about the libmbim-devel