PCIe MBIM

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Mon Aug 26 11:40:20 UTC 2019

> To be more on topic: At least the Sierra Wireless EM7565 has a PCIE
> mode. I don't know if the Windows driver is already using it. There
> seems to be no loss in speed by using USB 3.0 which provides 5 Gbit/s.

If I'm not mistaken, Qualcomm did work on PCIe integration for their
modules in Android kernels doing QMI/QRTR/MHI (see e.g.
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10515671/) but no indication of
MBIM anywhere. Given the specific PCIe interface requirements of each
module, I assume we'll need to wait for each chip vendor to push their
own drivers, if any.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es