feature request: expose mbimcli connect parameter 'ip-type' in mbim-network utility

Thijs Gulmans t.gulmans at mobileviewpoint.com
Thu Jan 14 10:09:46 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

This is my first time contributing to an open source project and I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this request, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I've read on the freedesktop wiki that I should create an issue and merge request in gitlab. But I can only select 'Issue' and 'Incident', that kind of feels wrong. And I'm not allowed to create an MR. That's basically why I decided to mail. Anyway, here goes;

I would like to propose an addition to the `mbim-network` utility: since mbimcli has the option to specify the ip protocol configuration, it would be nice that mbim-network also exposes this. Attached is my patch.

Please let me know what you guys think. If this patch is approved, I also have a branch ready to be pushed if necessary.

Best Regards,
Thijs Gulmans