[Liboil] MinGW fix

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Sat Dec 10 16:03:14 PST 2005

On Sat, Dec 10, 2005 at 10:58:36PM +0100, Stephane Fillod wrote:
> MinGW has the following prototype for swab (in string.h):

MinGW is wrong.  Of course, liboil should still compile, so
I'll add a test for swab() in unistd.h.  Implementations that
call libc functions are actually rather uninteresting.

> Rem: some systems not have string.h

Such systems are so old and wrong that they aren't worth
supporting.

By the way, the target environment for liboil is C99 and SuSv3.
I'm willing to support a few odd incompliances here and there,
but for the most part, I feel that people need to get with the
program and fix their system libraries.  (This means you, Sun.)

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux