[Liboil] build error

Stephane Fillod f8cfe at free.fr
Sun Nov 13 15:52:53 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 12:25:59PM -0800, David Schleef wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:14:51PM +0100, Stephane Fillod wrote:
> > Here's how to get the .LIB out of the .DLL.
>
> Who's filing the bug on libtool to complain that libtool
> should be doing this automatically?

libtool is GNU world program, which defaults to MinGW/Cygwin under
Windows. Maybe it can do MSVC format already, but I don't know the magic
spell. What we would need is either a tool which creates the MSVC import
.LIB out of the .DLL, or a two step .DLL -> .DEF then .DEF -> .LIB.
Doing this only using binutils would be a must.  The 'dlltool' program
may be part of the solution. Any taker?

--
Stephane