[Liboil] a copy8x8_u8

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Nov 16 12:30:53 PST 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 08:07:55PM +0000, Adam D. Moss wrote:
> Unrolling copy8x8_u8_ints yields a ~30% speedup here (I guess
> gcc4 doesn't bother).  Using uint64_t is surprisingly a little
> slower than this.  I don't actually use this function, I was just
> curious - perhaps no-one uses it, so more implementations aren't
> justified.

I encourage any contribution along these lines, but it would
be wise to create patches and put them in bugzilla, otherwise
I'll forget.

(and don't forget to run 'make check' to make sure the
implementations work correctly in all (ahem, many) cases.

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux