[Liboil] cross compiling for fusiv

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue Oct 17 12:54:25 PDT 2006

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 09:21:50AM -0700, shamju joseph wrote:
> Is this possible to cross compile liboil for the Fusiv processor
> (Analog Devices Inc) ? If so, how should I do that? (I have
> lx4189-uclibc-gcc tool-chain for fusiv available)

I don't think my version of autoconf supports this target, so you'd
have to run ./autogen.sh with a version of autoconf that does, instead
of using the releases directly.

There shouldn't be any difficulty using liboil at a basic level on
the Blackfin, however, there's obviously no assembly code written
for this CPU.  One problem is that liboil will complain about not
having a cycle counter (or other high-resolution timer) for profiling.

Also, if you're planning on putting liboil into an embedded system,
it would be wise to recompile the library with only the fastest
implementations available for your particular target processor.
At one point, liboil was almost able to do this automatically, but
it interfered with other stuff in the Makefiles, so it took it out.

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux