[Liboil] Liboil slower than plain gcc?

Jason Sewall jasonsewall at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 08:03:46 PST 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 7:46 AM, Robert Schwebel <r.schwebel at pengutronix.de> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 01:30:47PM -0500, Jason Sewall wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, you're assuming that someone has bothered to write optimizations
> > > for that function.
> >
> > Got it. I'll stick with GCC.
>
> Well, you could also write an optimization and provide a patch :-)

Not without learning SSE intrinsics, which is why I was looking at
this library :)  Seriously, I would like to learn these intrinsics,
but I've got too much stuff to do at the moment...

It looks like GCC is doing a pretty good job by itself at, so I'll be
content with that for now.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Jason