[Liboil] Building on Powerpc

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Nov 12 14:26:10 PST 2007

I'm running LTSP and I have old Bondi iMacs, and also newer G4 iBooks.
LTSP-5 uses Pulseaudio.

Trying to start Pulseaudio I get a segfault and a gdb backtrace shows
a problem in liboil (sorry, don't have the exact trace here).

So, it was recommended to build libio without altivec.

I'm building the library as a Ubuntu package.  I edited configure.ac
and removed the three lines or so that had to do with alvitec.

But, when building html I run out of memory (I have to build on a
powerpc thin client).

First, does it seem sane that altivec might be a problem on this older
powerpc?

Second, how can I modify to avoid building the docs?

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org