[Liboil] Building on Powerpc

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Tue Nov 13 06:50:51 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 12:07:15AM -0800, David Schleef wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 02:26:10PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > I'm running LTSP and I have old Bondi iMacs, and also newer G4 iBooks.
> > LTSP-5 uses Pulseaudio.
> >
> > Trying to start Pulseaudio I get a segfault and a gdb backtrace shows
> > a problem in liboil (sorry, don't have the exact trace here).
> >
> > So, it was recommended to build libio without altivec.
> >
> > I'm building the library as a Ubuntu package.  I edited configure.ac
> > and removed the three lines or so that had to do with alvitec.
> >
> > But, when building html I run out of memory (I have to build on a
> > powerpc thin client).
> >
> > First, does it seem sane that altivec might be a problem on this older
> > powerpc?
>
> Not that I know of.  Please file a bug with a stack trace.  Better
> yet, try compiling CVS, since there have been some powerpc fixes.

Ok.

Are you providing debian/ubuntu packages?  I'd prefer to build a
package from svn, if possible.

Or, for testing is there any reason I could not simply copy the .so
file?  That is, replace:

/opt/ltsp/powerpc/usr/lib/liboil-0.3.so.0.1.0

(this is a chroot for a LTSP client).

Thanks!

--
Bill Moseley