[Liboil] DCT and MDCT functions in liboil

Steven G. Johnson stevenj.mit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 21:35:07 PDT 2008

On Mar 27, 2008, at 7:05 PM, David Schleef wrote:
> Much of the API that you mention is a holdover from years ago, and is
> best ignored.  Some of it is even deprecated.  Some of the theora and
> vorbis related code (talk to them about the names of the transforms)
> might
> be used in various experimental projects, but unlikely widespread.

Thanks for the information.  This is good to know, as I couldn't find
any indication in the manual that the DCT functions are deprecated,
and they are listed as part of the "stable API".

http://liboil.freedesktop.org/documentation/liboil-liboilfuncs-dct.html

It might be a good idea to put some indication in the manual if the
DCT functions (or some of them) are "best ignored".

Steven