[Liboil] Fw: ORC performance for NEON

David Schleef ds at entropywave.com
Tue Jan 4 13:35:50 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 02:28:37PM +0530, Prateek Mathur wrote:
> Now when I run the ORC binary with ORC_DEBUG=3 I get the statement "compiling for target "neon" " which makes me beleive that ORC is working for correct platform.
> But when I run both the versions the normal addition is working much better (more than 100 times better) than the ORC code.

It looks like you are running the code once.  First of all, any
performance measurements should be done many times with an accurate
time counter (gettimeofday() is not).  Also, the first time you
run an orc function, it will compile the code, which generally
slower than running the resulting code.

David