Wiki/website

Will Stokes wstokes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 08:34:53 PST 2006

Thanks Gilles,

Is it correct that the only advantages of "RAW" over TIFF is that:

-the images are unprocessed (no white balancing) and demosaicing has
not yet been applied, thus these types of processing can be done
better in the future on the fly as algorithms improve as you have
access to the vanilla image sensor data.

-the images are 1/3 the size of TIFF's assuming the image sensor only
captures one color channel per pixel (aka you're source isn't a Fovean
sensor).

-Will