libopenraw the story

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon May 15 03:19:02 PDT 2006

On 4/1/06, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> Unlike I announced, libopenraw is being written in C++. In fact I after
> a bit if "experimentation" in order to settle to a direction to take, I
> started rewriting in C++ because it makes my life either, On gobject
> fanatics want to do OO programming in C.
>
> I insist on having a pure C interface. The reason behind that is
> language neutrality (bindings in C++ is still a PITA without a real
> component model, hello Mono users!) and abstraction: all types are
> opaque pointers.

<skipped/>

> That is the current dump of my memory as I haven't yet had the time to
> spend to code much.
> If you have any question, this list is here for that.

I some how missed that mail and discovered it now trying to understand
why it all stopped.

Knowing about your lack of time presently, is it still possible to
make a (some kind of) roadmap, so that people could start
contributing? I remember that Udi was talking about converting part of
UFRaw into a library.

Alexandre