Want to help

Hubert Figuiere hub at figuiere.net
Sun Jun 1 19:21:15 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-30 at 21:23 +0100, Rafael Espíndola wrote:
> > One of the starting point to read is here:
> > http://libopenraw.freedesktop.org/wiki/Nikon_NEF
> >
> > The second part is actually implementing Huffman decompression.
> >
> > Feel free to ask here if you have more questions.
>
> Just to check that I got it right, the attached patch adds some stub
> functions. My task is to implement _decompressNikonQuantized, right?
>
> How should I test this? I will try to add some unit tests, but is
> there a more end to end way? I noticed the demo/cfa.cpp. If I give it
> a cr2 file, it generates a grayscale, linear image (i.e. uninterpreted
> sensor data). If I get the NEF decompression right, I should expect
> the same result or the output will be in some other format?
>
> What does cfa stands for anyway? :-)

CFA = Color Filter Array :-)
As to test it, I use CFA that should create a pgm file for the image.
You open it in an image viewer, it should represent the image
(shape-wise). So yes you should expect a similar thing as with the CR2
file :-)

And a little not about the code style: curly braces are not optional.
(I need to formalize the coding style a bit and actually make it
consistent, but that one rule is)

Hub