Little questions and some bug in libopenraw

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Thu May 22 06:56:56 PDT 2008

A Dijous 22 Maig 2008, vàreu escriure:
> On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 01:07 +0200, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have played a bit with libopenraw. I have had a little problem
> > compiling it with my debian box, using g++-4.3.  The demo/cfa.cpp file
> > didn't compile because gcc is more strict.
> >
> > cfa.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
> > cfa.cpp:81: error: ‘malloc’ was not declared in this scope
> > cfa.cpp:91: error: ‘free’ was not declared in this scope
>
> Will fix. I guess I haven't caught them all yet, I still run gcc 4.2.1

Ok, no problem. Probably the debian maintainer will tell you that.

> > Also, looking on the debian packages I have found that you have numbered
> > the library 1.4.0. Please, could you tell me why? the libopenraw is
> > 0.0.5?
>
> soversion have nothing to do with the package version.

Sure, but helps.

> you'll find the
> documentation on the soversion in configure.ac with link to the
> apropriate places on the internet that explain that better than I wish
> to.

Ok, I don't want to be contrary to your wishes :-) , I'm just asking about why
this numbers. If I would like to develop a program that use libopenraw, what
is the versioning/abi that I have to look on?

> > Do you have some doc about the workflow? I mean, open with this, decode
> > with this, transform with this, demosic with and save with ...?
>
> That's part of the things that are secretly guarded by our benefactors.

:-D

> dcraw does the following after extracting the CFA:
>
> scale_colors()
> pre_interpolate()
> interpolate()
> convert_to_rgb()

Ok, but this is dcraw. So I understand that libopenraw uses the same. In the
ufraw list [1]  you commented something about to do:

> I'm even ready to think about
> eventually reusing dcraw code plain and simple[2] temporarily pending a
> rewrite, to provide the functionality through the API in libopenraw.

so, may I understand that you have done that? and you are using it in openraw?

I have not look deeply the libopenraw code yet, but I have looked the wiki,
but this process have not been clear for me, so any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Leo

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=1210045116.3742.45.camel%40quagmire