Maximum QMI request size?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sun Aug 19 12:40:22 PDT 2012

Did anyone ever see a definite QMI message size specification? The
qmi_wwan driver currently uses 512 bytes, but I do not remember where I
got that from...

Anyway, I am suspecting that it should be increased. I've been
experimenting with injecting XTRA data to speed up GPS aquisition.
Uploading chunks exceeding the driver message size (i.e. splitting the
chunks in several USB control messages) does not seem to work.  If I
increase the driver message limit to 2048 bytes, I can successfully
upload the XTRA database in 1536 byte chunks (which seems to be maximum
supported).

So I guess I should make this change to the driver, unless I was doing
something wrong here.  Has anyone else experimented with sending QMI
messages > 512 bytes?

But it would nice to quote a reference when making this change.
Changing one arbitrary number for another arbitrary number looks bad.