Maximum QMI request size?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sun Aug 19 23:44:51 PDT 2012

ttuttle <ttuttle at chromium.org> writes:

> The theoretical maximum size is a little over 64k, since the length field
> is 16 bits.  I think it would make sense to use that as a maximum in the
> kernel.

Yes, maybe.  It just feels a bit wrong to allocate 64k buffers if no
message can exceed 1.5k.  And I have not yet seen any larger message in
any direction.

I am deliberately ignoring the possibility of sending multiple QMI
messages in a single QMUX.  The device won't do that, and I have not
observed anything like that from the Windows driver either.