Transaction timing out on 586 embedded CPU

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Mon Dec 3 10:09:30 PST 2012

>     > When trying with verbose flag it takes forever, too, but some of the
>     > expected output can be seen (however not received on time as it
>     > seems):
>
>     By default all async operations in qmicli are configured with a 10s
>     timeout, so it really may be taking longer in your case. You can either
>     try to update those 10s to something bigger, e.g. 30s.
>
>     Or better, modify qmicli to add a new `--command-timeout=N' option which
>     would allow us to specify the default number of seconds to wait in each
>     async operation... Patches welcome :-)
>
>     --
>     Aleksander
>

> Yes, that would easily be possible, but why do the operations take
> longer on this board than on other ones in the first place?
> It has USB2.0 support and a decent CPU, too.
> I dont see big CPU usage, interrupt floods or such.
>
> How could we debug where the delay comes from?

Does it happen with every command you try? Or only with Get PIN status?
If the latter, it may be because the SIM needs time to get initialized?

The CID allocation request+response is really instant according to your
logs, there's no delay in there. Same for the CID release.

If you update the timeout value to e.g. 30s and you still get the same
issue, then there may be a problem on how the data is read from the
socket and how we actually poll for it. In your logs the reply to Get
PIN Status actually arrived *just* after we sent the CID release; so
that may not be a coincidence.