QMI service versions in different devices

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Mon Jul 30 00:42:37 PDT 2012

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> writes:
> On Sun, 2012-07-29 at 20:50 +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>> Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at lanedo.com> writes:
>>
>> > Hey everyone,
>> >
>> > Could you do me a favour and email me the list of QMI services and
>> > versions supported by the QMI devices you happen to have?
>> >
>> > You can get those just running for example:
>> >  $> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdmX --dms-noop --device-open-version-info -v
>>

>> I believe this will be not only device dependent, but firmware dependent
>> as well.  So I include the result of --dms-get-revision too.
>
> I couldn't find a difference between GSM and CDMA firmware on the Gobi
> 1K at least, but I can believe it might vary based on firmware version
> in other devices.  No idea though, the only things I have with loadable
> firmware are Gobis.

I don't have any device with loadable firmware, but I believe the MC7710
changed somewhat when I upgraded the firmware.  Can't find any saved
version dump prior to the upgrade though, so it doesn't look like I can
verify this...   I don't want to attempt downgrading it.

But I might upgrade it again if/when I get a newer firmware.  Still
hoping for MBIM support, although it's impossible to get that verified
at the momemt.

Anyway, I assume the QMI implementation is part of the Qualcomm stack
embedded in any of these firmwares.  If so, then it might change every
time the vendor has updated the Qualcomm stack.