Moving libqmi-glib to fd.o's libqmi repo

Andrew Bird (Sphere Systems) ajb at spheresystems.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 05:16:36 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 27 June 2012, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I am going to prepare to move libqmi-glib from gitorious.org directly
> into the libqmi repo at fd.o.
>
> In this process, I was going to rename it from libqmi-glib just to
> libqmi, but don't have a strong feeling on this. If anyone is willing to
> develop a glib/gobject/gio-free version of libqmi, just speak up and
> I'll keep the -glib suffix. Anyone willing to do so can already benefit
> from the codegen I guess, just modifying the codegen to generate
> glib-free code. Actually, I may just leave the prefix anyway, in case
> someone shows up in the future willing to do so.
>
> Comments?
Hi Aleksander,
	That's good news. I started looking at your libqmi-glib a few weeks ago
so that I might use it for creating python bindings. It's a free time only
project at the moment for me, so I didn't get too far yet, but I'm hopeful of
getting to it soon. If anyone else wants to step up and do this, feel free, it
might be quicker :-)

Andrew