Moving libqmi-glib to fd.o's libqmi repo

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 12:41:50 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 15:25 +0200, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> Hey Andrew,
>
> >> I am going to prepare to move libqmi-glib from gitorious.org directly
> >> into the libqmi repo at fd.o.
> >>
> >> In this process, I was going to rename it from libqmi-glib just to
> >> libqmi, but don't have a strong feeling on this. If anyone is willing to
> >> develop a glib/gobject/gio-free version of libqmi, just speak up and
> >> I'll keep the -glib suffix. Anyone willing to do so can already benefit
> >> from the codegen I guess, just modifying the codegen to generate
> >> glib-free code. Actually, I may just leave the prefix anyway, in case
> >> someone shows up in the future willing to do so.
> >>
> >> Comments?
> > Hi Aleksander,
> > 	That's good news. I started looking at your libqmi-glib a few weeks ago
> > so that I might use it for creating python bindings. It's a free time only
> > project at the moment for me, so I didn't get too far yet, but I'm hopeful of
> > getting to it soon. If anyone else wants to step up and do this, feel free, it
> > might be quicker :-)
> >

> It shouldn't be difficult to include introspection in the library
> through gobject introspection, magic keywords in gtk-doc comments and
> all that... but I have no experience on that myself.

I do, I'm happy to update it.  Note that GObject Introspection can't
handle some deeper forms of introspection, like hash tables in hash
tables and stuff like that, because GHashTable can't introspect it's
value contents.  To avoid that, you either return a GVariant, or custom
structures/lightweight objects with accessor functions that you can
introspect.

Dan