New update to the qmi-codegen branch

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Wed May 30 09:08:16 PDT 2012

Hey,

Using packed structs to directly cast the TLV value buffer will not
always work; e.g. when two variable-length values (like strings) are
given in the same TLV.

In order to avoid that, and also to simplify the code generation tool, I
reworked a bit the way the TLVs are read/written in the QMI messages.
Now, each basic type variable (integers, strings) will be read
separately, regardless of whether the variable is the only one in the
TLV, or part of a sequence of variables in the same TLV, or a member in
an array of such variables. This change also makes much easier to work
with more complex things like structs with array members.

The code is already in the qmi-codegen branch of my libqmi-glib tree,
along with some additional DMS-related actions.

Cheers!