MC7750

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Nov 29 08:17:48 PST 2012

On Tue, 2012-11-27 at 21:16 +0000, Niek Kooij wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the qmicli to setup a connection for the MC7750 of
> sierra on the Verizon network. I am using AT commands to enter the PIN
> and do some other settings and get some data from the modem and only
> use qmicli to get the modem to connect (--wds-start-network).
> Everything works fine when I connect to 3G but I cannot manage to get
> LTE working. When I put the modem in LTE only (AT command selrat) I do
> get a connection and can send data at very nice speeds but after one
> minute the modem seems to go to sleep and I have to unplug the modem
> to get it to work again. Has anybody got a clue what the problem might
> be?

When you say "cannot manage to get LTE working" what does that mean?
Does that mean the modem never acquires an LTE signal unless you force
LTE-only mode?  Or does it fall back to EVDO when making the actual data
connection, even if it was registered with LTE before making the data
connection?

When you say "the modem seems to go to sleep" can you still get status
from the modem using qmicli?  When this happens, what does the
--nas-get-serving-system print out?  What does --nas-get-signal-strength
print out?

Dan