Strange behavior with ZTE MF821D (and possible other MDM9200 devices)

Kristian Evensen kristian.evensen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 06:48:31 PST 2013

Hei Bjørn,

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
> The most likely cause of this is a modem firmware crash.  I don't think
> there is much you can do about that, except trying to avoid the
> situations which causes the crash or getting another modem.

Ok, that is what I suspected, thank you very much for letting me know.
Then I guess we have to live with some work-arounds. One interesting
observation is that the modem seems to reboot by itself and works just
fine once the USB queue (probably not the correct name) has been
flushed, so we will try to speed up the flush when packets with status
-71 arrives. I guess this will be a special case solution and not
something that should be submitted as a patch to the kernel.

Thanks again for the help,
Kristian