QMI service versions in different devices

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Wed Feb 13 14:28:30 PST 2013

Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer at t-online.de> writes:
> Am Freitag, 27. Juli 2012, 21:22:25 schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Could you do me a favour and email me the list of QMI services and
>> versions supported by the QMI devices you happen to have?
>>
>> You can get those just running for example:
>>  $> qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdmX --dms-noop --device-open-version-info -v
>

> May be the info is redundant. ( It is also already supported by the kernel.)

FWIW I appreciate that you are testing these things.  Most of these
devices are supported by qmi_wwan either because qcserial already
supported them or because we got device IDs from Windows drivers.

Having some of them verified is useful in the sense that it tells us
that we aren't completely off.

> Bus 003 Device 004: ID 1199:9011 Sierra Wireless, Inc.

That particular device ID has an oddity I have been wondering about: The
driver listed it with *two* QMI interfaces, #0 (as expected and usual
for Gobi devices) and #5.  I notice that your device doesn't show any 5
interface.  Wonder if that is another configuration which may be
enabled?  Maybe other firmware?